Resume Details for Fabian Castorena
Can't find the perfect fit? Post your jobs for free and have Private Investigator professionals come to you. It takes less than 30 seconds. Get started here
...at which my training, education and professionalism can be used to the highest degree possible.
SUMMERY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Inactive U.S Government security clearance for The Department of Homeland Security
• Bilingual-Fluent in both English and Spanish
• Awards for work in the line of duty; “Shots Fired”, Human Trafficking Interdictions, and Narcotic
• Proven ability to make difficult decisions in stressful situations
• Fraternal President responsible for a 94 man chapter-most awarded President in chapter history
LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPERIENCE:
• Diligently patrolled the United States/Mexico Border
• Successfully tracked and apprehended individuals who entered the United States illegally
• Detected and seized narcotics and stolen vehicles in conjunction with Intelligence Agents
• Volunteered for use of Forward Looking Infrared devices as well as National Guard supported
• Organized and planned tracking operations in remote locations
• Correctly evaluated criminal reports and processing dispositions for individuals who entered the
United States illegally for deportation
• Prepared case documents of individuals for Federal Prosecution with minimal supervision
• Investigated persons and potential human trafficking organizations
• Interrogated individuals for intelligence on future human trafficking and narcotic smuggling attempts
• Identified possible prison gang members and their affiliation
• Worked Mexico bound traffic operations in conjunction with Customs Officers in search for weapons
• Volunteered to perform low visibility line watch operations with Intelligence Agents
Communication and Foreign Language
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in diverse and stressful environments
• Communicated and managed detainees in holding cells while in custody
• Translated Federal documents in Spanish to non-English speaking detainees
• Sustained verbal and written communication with Mexican Consulate
• Maintained excellent rapport with Supervisors, Field Training Officers, and co-workers
• Proficient in the use of Windows Vista, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Spreadsheet, and many law
• Able to communicate fluently in both Spanish and English, written or spoken.
• 10/2008-09/2009- United States Border Patrol- Santa Teresa, NM, Full Time career conditional employee, fifty plus hours per week.
• 2010-2013- Western Beverages Company of Texas- El Paso, TX, Full Time Assistant Manager, 40 hours per week.
• 2013-Present- Dos Lunas Spirits, LLC- Texas Marketing Representative, 55 hours per week
• United States Border Patrol Academy, Artesia, NM- Specialized Training: Firearms, Emergency Driving,
First Aid, Water Rescue, Tracking, Arrest Techniques, Defensive Tactics, Nationality Law, Immigration
Law, Operations, Applied Authorities, Leadership, Core Values of The Department and Communication.
• University of Texas At El Paso- 120 semester hours completed with a Bachelors degree in Criminal
Justice and Linguistics with a concentration in the Spanish language, El Paso, TX
• Relevant Courses: Criminal Law, Research Methods, Crime in America, Victimology, Criminology, Crime
Control and Prevention, Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism, English Phonetics and Phonology,
Sociolinguistics, Introduction to Linguistics, and Syntax. Spanish concentration credits achieved through
credit by examination.
• University of Phoenix- 03/2013-Present, Masters in Public Administration with a focus on Global and Homeland Security. 7 hours currently completed. Online Courses.